2018 Winter Olympic speed skater & dual sport athlete
- Height: 5’7″ / 170cm
- Weight: 125lbs / 56kg
- Birth date: 1991/10/21 SIBIU, ROM
- Boots: Apex Custom
- Music: Aerosmith, Rolling Stones, KYGO, Chopin
- Food: Sushi, Korean BBQ
- Favourite Rink: Collalbo, Italia
- Languages: Romanian, German, English, French
- Hobbies: Skating, cooking, painting, road cycling, tennis, skiing, coffee
- Random Facts: Loves orange and wants to open a coffee shop
Alexandra is an Olympic speed skater and personal trainer, living and training in Heerenveen, Holland. She competes in the 500m, 1000m, 1500m and the mass start.
Alex started skiing, skating and playing tennis at the age of 2, and immigrated with her family to Toronto in 2001. Alexandra’s mother was Romanian National Champion in ’86, and encouraged Alex to pursue her dreams of representing Canada on the world stage.
Dream became reality when Alex represented Canada as a junior in 2011, and later made her debut on the Canadian National Team and World Cup Circuit in 2014. She has since competed in 2 World Sprint Championships and over 48 World Cup races, and 1 Olympics.
As of September 2020, she left her home in Calgary and is now living and training full time in the Mecca of speed skating, in Heerenveen, Holland.
- 2018 Winter Olympic Games
- 2018 World Sprint Championships, China, 18th place
- 2017 World Sprint Championships, Calgary, 28th place
- 2018 National Record Holder 500m & 1000m Romania
- 2014 Gold 500m Canadian Championships – overall
- 2014 Silver 1000m Canadian Championships – overall
- 2014 500m track record in Canada Cup 3
- 2011 Team Canada World Junior Championships
- Compete at 2022 & 2026 Winter Olympic Games (speed skating)
- Compete in Summer Olympics for Track Cycling
- Grow online personal training business
- Empower young women through sport & public speaking
- Publish personal cookbook
- Design for lululemon Women & Go line
- Base training on the bike to support upcoming speed skate season
- Breathe and enjoy life outside of competition for one season
Competing in the 2018 Winter Olympics was just the start for Alex. You can directly support Alex on her journey to Beijing 2022 by contacting Alex or clicking the ‘support’ button below. Your direct support is greatly appreciated and goes towards funding the following:
$10,900 yearly coaching, ice and facility fee
$3100 Yearly World Cup & World Championship travel expenses
$1730 monthly living expenses
Have a cool mutually beneficial relationship idea? Want to work together? Contact Alex below.